Ingredients (Makes 7 cookies):
1 Ripe Banana
1.5 cups Oats (I prefer large flake)
1 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1/3 cup any of the add-ons (chopped walnuts, raisins, chocolate chips, cranberries, chopped apple, shredded zuchinni, shredded carrot, slivered almonds, 4 chopped medjool dates)
1 tbsp Maple Syrup, Honey, or Mollasses, for added sweetness (Optional)
1. First, Preheat the oven to 350F. Peel the ripe Banana and break it off into “chunks” in a medium bowl. Mash the Banana with a fork until it forms a paste.
2. Add the liquids (Applesauce, Vanilla Extract and optional Added Sweetness). Mix thoroughly.
3. Add the dry ingredients (Oats, Cinnamon, Salt). Mix until everything is evenly incorporated.
4. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
5. Fold the add-ons into the batter.
6. Place a parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
7. To form cookie, place around 3 tbsp of batter to form a “Cookie”. They will not spread out in the oven so either leave them round of flatten before baking.
8. Bake for 25 minutes.
9. If still too moist, bake an additional 5 minutes.
10. Once cool, store at room temperature up to 5 days. Keep in fridge for longer or freeze and reheat as needed.